This is a six month program that seeks to build on three major areas;
- 24 weeks long with a week’s break after the first three months.
- Campers / students will be allowed certain weekends to travel home, if need be, when the weekend activity is light.
- The six months are split into two phases of 3 months each.
- Deconstructive stage
- Answers the questions – how? And why?
- Allows the camper to grow a bigger scope of his/her abilities
- Grows the opportunity to look past their ability or talent into how that affects society and life at large
- Allows the camper to explore how God can be a muse to their artistic expressions
- Reconstructive stage
- Answers the questions – what? And where?
- The campers/ students get to work on a long project(s)
- They get to specialize on their art technique.
- Discipleship and servant leadership is reinforced
Also featured in this course are interactions with various established and practicing artists that execute various techniques for example;
- Mixed media
- Print Art
In addition to these interactions, the campers / students will get to undertake field trips that enhance the process of learning. This will include at least three trips to:
- A local art body - Kuona Trust / Godowns Art Centre
- A Local art gallery - Polka Dot art gallery/ Little Art Gallery
- An Artists collective Studio - The Dust Depo, Brush Tu studios.
The weekly program (Monday - Friday):
- 8.00 am - 9.00 am : Daily devotional
- 9.00 am - 10.15 am : Lesson 1
- 10.15 am -10.40 am: Break
- 10.45 am - 12.45 pm: Lesson 2
- 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm: Lunch
- 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm : Studio sessions
- 5.00 pm - 7.00 pm : Free time
- 7.00 pm- 8.00 pm: Dinner
- 8.15 pm – 10.15pm: Studio sessions/sketch studies/pinup
Monday mornings, from 9am to 1pm, we will
have a different outdoor experiential activity.
And on selected Fridays there will be opportunities
to go collect junk in various locations for purposes
of Recycling and Junk Art .tudio sessions/ sketch
studies/ pin up.
Some of the lessons the campers/ students will learn in this course include:
- Studies of their chosen subject matter in pencil/ charcoal/ pastel/ paint.
- Redefining Art
- Elements of Art
- Expressions and Techniques of Art
- Subject Matter in Art
- Art Curation
- Exhibiting and Documenting Art
- Pricing and Valuing art
- Perspective Building; - art, society, God.